Although I come across a myriad of strange bugs here, it is not often that I find scorpions around the Bayou. Perhaps they are scurrying about the marshes but I have yet to see one and I can honestly say that I am glad that I have not. Those things give me the willies! After being on the receiving end of several spider bites, anything that resembles them, is on my "no like" list. I have heard tell that a scorpion sting is painful and I am not a fan of pain. (I was also told that to combat the agony after being stung, one should immediately wrap the site with a slice of eggplant! Now, I ask you, who goes about their daily business carrying an eggplant?) Anyway, today I found a scorpion lurking about the living room and I had no eggplant handy!
For those who do not know, I do a lot of crafts. A while back, I created a good many critters from wire salvaged from my broken weedeater. (http://msbayoulady.blogspot.com/search?q=seahorse) This was fun and I have good intentions of stepping back into the mode of bending wire soon but, in the meantime, I have lent my pliers to Darling Daughter! She is here and is crafting. One of her creations is a scorpion. Unlike mine, her bugs are not to be brooches. The scorpion will be a "shelf-sitter" or knickknack or dust collector ( My niece, Heidi, has dubbed half the stuff in the Little Bayou House as the latter.) The scorpion is made from a number of pieces of junk. She bent wire for most of the critter but, also, incorporated buttons, watch hands, alligator clamps and a compass. The critter is amazing and knows which way is north!
Tomorrow, she and I will be crafting once again. Since she and her husband are moving here, I will be storing her crafting supplies in my craft room. We are looking forward to many, many more days of creating and sharing! I do believe, however, that I will leave the scorpions to her and stick to my seahorses!

No comments:
Post a Comment