Wednesday, November 18, 2015

No Time to Think

  It would not surprise me in the least to hear that folks are growing weary of all my photographs of sunrises and sunsets.  I wholeheartedly admit that I do, indeed, take far too many pictures of the horizon.  It is almost a compulsion to grab the camera when I see the sky starting to redden.  There is almost something a bit mystical about the change from blue to red and orange.  I know, it happens almost daily and I should find interest in something else but it is hard to do when the pier offers such a grand vantage point.  Here lately, though, it has been hard to find the gumption to make the trek down the hillside.  I am not used to going alone..even though most of the time, my partner was a dog.  I miss Ms. Ez, the Bayou Dog to the point of losing interest in hiking.  

  This evening, though, was different.  I was baking brownies and only wandered through the living room long enough to grab my phone. When I did, I noticed that the sky to the west was brilliant red!  Oh, my! Without hesitation, I grabbed the camera and raced out of the house and down the hill.  Two things struck me about halfway down to the pier....one, I had forgotten to put on shoes and two, there was only three minutes left on the timer for the brownies and I did not tell Son to watch them!  The shoe thing did not bother me much as I am used to going barefoot but it was starting to chill down a bit!  The pier was wet from today's rain and those boards were cold!  The brownie time did bother me.  I did not want dry brownies! This would have to be a point and shoot situation.  Take a few photographs and race back up the hill.


  Perhaps this evening's rushed photo shoot was a good thing.  I did not have time to brood over the fact that my hiking partner was not there. My hurry to get to a photograph did not allow for time to think. Maybe it will get easier as time passes and maybe taking these baby steps will help.  Other than that, enjoy the beautiful sunset that the recent storm made possible for us!




No comments:

Post a Comment