Monday, January 4, 2016

Just Perfect!

  Most of the time in life, we have to settle for things as they are.  We can try to make things better but sometimes fate just leaves its mark whenever and wherever it wants.  I have come to realize that it is best to accept things and look for the good in them rather than fret over whatever may come.  Worrying never accomplishes anything except using up precious time while making ourselves miserable.  That said, it does not mean that I am willing to forego trying to improve.  We should at least attempt to better ourselves and better our surroundings.

  While photographing wildlife is something I truly enjoy, I must admit that my attempts in capturing the true essence of a critter are feeble. This is one area where I will go to extremes in bettering the skill.  I am a die-hard at sticking with my old camera.  So much so that Mark searches high and low to find replacement parts and even replacement cameras of a type that is no longer on the market.  He did this at Christmas.  A new flash for one old camera and an exact same model camera as an extra!  I was elated....far more than if he had bought me some new-fangled one. But this model camera does have its drawbacks.  It does not to well in rapid progression shooting.  There is a setting for that but the photographs do not have the clarity that I desire.  Then came a bit of ingenuity!  I was willing to try an experiment!



  Pelicans dominate the scene on the Bayou right now.  Their never-ending splashes can be heard even during the night.  This makes them easy targets for my practicing.  I have long wanted to get a picture of, not only the pelican making a dive, but also the impact when it hits the water.  This is hard to do with a slow camera.  So.....a brilliant idea was in the brain!  Take both cameras!  With one dangling around the neck and the other in hand, I waited until the bird was in the downward plunge, snapped a picture, grabbed the other and snapped again!  Quick work, several tries but finally success!  I got my sequence.  One bird, two cameras, two pictures and one good feeling.




No comments:

Post a Comment