Sunday, February 7, 2016

Super Cloud Sunday!

  I am one of those weird people who do not get excited over a football game.  Being as it is Super Bowl Sunday, does not mean that I am glued to the TV.  As matter of fact, I do not own a TV.  When the large one that sat in the living room decided to die, I begged Mark not to get another.  He relented and settled to have the small one in the bedroom suffice.  Whew!  I found myself wasting far too much time staring at a stupid box.  It is a great freedom not to have the thing around anymore.  Still, while others in the world are glued to their TVs, eating all sorts of unhealthy foods and screaming their heads off at the players, I am meandering about the place doing all sorts of things.  

  Late this evening, I had a thought to check the shed doors to see if I remembered to lock them and I noticed a beautiful cloud over the Bayou.  Ahh, yes!  If I had been inside, I would have never witnessed this bit of beauty.  


  In my own little world, I find  Mother Nature puts on a much better show than some overpaid guys chasing what is essentially a dead pig about a large vacant pasture.  Although, I must admit that the Super Bowl would be delightfully more amusing if that pig was still alive and the pasture was home to a hundred head of cattle.  Now complete off the scene with the natural occurrence of cow patties and things would be hilarious. That, my friends, I might consider worth the effort of watching.  Why!  I might even go so far as to fix some junk food snacks to enjoy while viewing such spectacle!  Since this is never going to happen, I think I will just continue my habit of observing Mother Nature at her best.


No comments:

Post a Comment