I love the predawn hikes to the pier that Mark and I take each day. There is just something about being out and about before the hubbub of daily life takes control of the day. The peacefulness of the morning can be seen in everything from the sunrise to the critters that are either waking from a deep slumber or just settling down for a nice nap after hunting all night.
I also love the way the sunlight plays with shadows as it dapples the yard with tiny spotlights. Even the most mundane thing suddenly becomes a spectacular showpiece. This morning as I was returning from the pier, I was astounded by something that I walk past dozens of times each day. Some simple weeds that most folks mow down or spray with herbicides were highlighted by the sun's rays. Now those "weeds" were allowed to shine! The goldenrods' beauty was suddenly brought to attention. Any other day, I would notice the goldenrod but not fully appreciate what I was viewing.
Seeing things from a different perspective or in a different lighting can make all the difference in the world. Instead of just "looking", perhaps we need to start "seeing". This could apply not only with plants in the morning sunlight but also to people. If we would truly try to see the person, we might appreciate their individualism. In other words...stop lumping everyone in one big category and look for the positive traits of each person. Let the light shine on the individual and do not let the vision be dulled by the actions of an ilk. See the beauty of the so-called weed. It is there....I promise. Spotlight the positive instead of highlighting the negative.

No comments:
Post a Comment