Thursday, January 10, 2019

Just Move It!

  While Son was ripping off old siding on the Little Bayou House, I was ripping out the old garden.  We worked on opposite sides of the house...he on the west and I on the east.   Every now and again, one of us would wander around to see how the other was progressing and offer a hand.  Sometimes that extra help comes in handy.  Then, at other times, we would just need a water break and sit and discuss what was being done.  

  At one point, I heard a "Well, now." and immediately thought that he had uncovered more termite damage.  Son's "Well, now." could mean anything, however, so I went to investigate and was just in time to see him poking a spider.  He, nor I, kill things needlessly but I have to admit that poking a spider with my fingertip is going above and beyond just letting it live.  When I asked what he was doing, his reply was that he was just trying to move the spider from the work area.  "Oh, by the way, what type spider is it?" he queried.  So!  You are poking a non identified spider with your finger???  To which he made some reply that I had taught him well.


  Ok...so I checked said spider and ruled out the usual "villains".  Ok, lets just move our critter friend.  Knowing that all spiders can bite if they so choose, I was hunting for something to slip under it.  The spider could then be lifted to safety.  "There!  Little guy, you will be safe on this side of the house."  No need for my stick. Son had already scooped up the critter and moved it around to where I was working!  Ok..so he is braver than I am but said spider is alive and well, Son did not get bit and all is well on the Bayou.



No comments:

Post a Comment