Thursday, January 24, 2019

My Patchwork Pup

  Back in late September,  I had the brilliant idea to "stain" several of the panes of the french doors.  This was all for the Annual Clue Hunt on the Bayou.  The "stained" panes were a code that had to be cracked to get a combination for a lock.  Not wanting the process to be labor intensive, I merely used colored cellophane that was cut to size and a spritz bottle full of water.  Spritzing the window and applying the cellophane worked wonders!  It stayed put for the entire month of October.  (In fact, they are still affixed quite well!)  Afterward, I had good intentions of removing the cellophane and letting the french doors simply be french doors.  Nothing doing.  Folks talked me into leaving the stuff.  This made me happy as I really liked the look.  It was sort of quirky...like me.

  Now that the sun has shifted around to come through those south-facing windows, a regular patchwork design decorates the rug and hardwood floors each day.  It is pretty.  The sun also decorates the old dog, Mr. PJ, each day as this is his favorite place to snooze.  The sunshine warms the old dog and the cellophane causes bright blotches to appear on his fur.  My patchwork pup is oblivious to his brilliantly decorated fur, however, and happily naps through it all.


  The patchwork effect has made me more determined to keep the cellophane on the windows.  I bought the stuff at the local dollar store but to my dismay, they only carried two colors...red and blue.  Since I am wishing to embrace the "faux stained glass" look, it seems necessary to order a bundle pack of different colors.  Why not?  Why not do something that brings a smile?  It matches the rest of the weird and wonderful decor of the Little Bayou House...so why not?  Besides, think of how nice Mr. PJ will look when napping!


No comments:

Post a Comment