Tuesday, February 12, 2019

A Fallen Limb or a Bright Idea!

  The weather did not cooperate with plans of a bit longer hike with the old dog. He had a good night and I thought perhaps he might wish to amble about the place.  Instead, a steady rain put a nix on that idea.  I did manage to slip out to the greenhouse to putter for a while but he stayed on his warm bed which was probably for the best.  

  Just beyond the greenhouse, stands a live oak tree.  It was a small limb that caught my eye this rainy day.  The branch had been broken in the recent winds and landed squarely on the back deck of the greenhouse.  What made it interesting was the fact that it was covered with moss and had a lovely little fern growing where a twig had once been trimmed.  It did not take long for this chunk of wood to capture the imagination and send those wheels in the brain to flying.  I could use this!  If it is at all possible to keep this whole little "garden" alive until October, it will be perfect to use as a prop for this year's Clue Hunt on the Bayou! (Yes, that event is always on the forefront of my brain as preparations begin in January of the event of the year that happens in October!)  This year's theme calls for the greenhouse to be transformed into a swamp witch's hut.  Mosses, ferns and lichens will all be needed to do the deed!  In a sense, I will be landscaping my greenhouse!


  The wildly flying imagination could see just how the transformation will take place.  It has to begin now so each part looks perfectly natural.  My plan is to be on my own clue hunt of sorts as I search out each item that will soon be growing in the little hut!  This make believe world will probably be my favorite yet since the onset of the clue hunt some seven years ago!  (Oh, my!  It is hard to believe that this will be the Seventh Annual Clue Hunt on the Bayou!! Fun times!)  So...rainy weather is my friend.  It will aid me in my efforts to transform the greenhouse into a moss, lichen and fern covered dwelling!  What an undertaking this will be and, to think, it all started with a fallen branch!


No comments:

Post a Comment