Monday, February 25, 2019

There's Work To Be Done!

  So I am guessing I had better get myself into a work mode after being a tad lazy for a few weeks.  With the old dog not feeling the best, as of late, I have had to put off any chores that could wait.  I busied myself inside the Little Bayou House but the yard has literally been forgotten.  Today, however, I did get to stroll a bit to the back part of the property.  It was there that I found a few reminders that it is getting onto time to start tending the gardens.  



 Down behind the shed, I found that the dewberry vines are in full bloom. Near the canebrake, the peach trees are covered in blooms.  Next to the back deck, there are buds on the pear trees.  These are all sure signs that warm weather is here and it is time to plant the garden, mow the grass and trim the bushes.  I did manage to get the trailing roses cut back...well, all but two.  I was in full swing with those snips until I noticed that the Cherokee Rose was full of buds.  Nope.  Its not happening.  The rose can just stay rambling until after the blooms wane.  Another fine sign that it is outdoor chore time is that the potatoes are sprouting above ground already.  The garden is bare except for that one row.


 So the afternoon was spent making plans to get it in gear, plant the garden, clean the yard and welcome the warmth that comes with this time of year.  Why!  Hello there, Summer!  I see you peaking around the corner.  Time to shake a leg!  There are chores to be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment