Sunday, April 28, 2019

Something Strange Going On....

  The other evening, I went out to photograph the frogs that were doing their nightly singing.  I am one of those nuts that find the cacophony of a billion or so frogs singing to each other quite beautiful.  It reminds me of how remote the Bayou is even though society is quickly encroaching upon us.  Progress has a way of putting a damper on wildlife.  The little piece of paradise called the Bayou is all that is left for critters (and me) to roam and live in peace.  While out near the Frog Pond, the camera flash lit up a bit of bright yellow.  Knowing that there should not be any yellow flowers in bloom, I had to investigate.


  The yellow "flowers" were not flowers at all but rather were the leaves of the red buckeye tree.  One branch dangled below the others and had the brightest yellow leaves that I have ever seen.  Wait a minute!  It is not fall yet!  Why are there yellow leaves on my tree?  A bit of research did not turn up any answers.  There was leaf blotch, leaf spot and powdery mildew but none of these seem to be the cause of my yellow leaf malady.   A diagnosis needs to be made to prevent any future problems with the tree.  It almost seems as if the tree has its time schedule a bit off and the leaves are already turning their usual fall pumpkin yellow.  

  More research will be attempted but, in the meantime, I will just enjoy the beauty of the yellow leaves.  Perhaps this is some plant disease but their brightness against the dark of the night was something to behold.



No comments:

Post a Comment