Saturday, April 27, 2019

Color in the Garden!

  Have you priced flower pots recently?  My goodness!  All I wanted was some of the cheap, nursery quality black pots so I could plant a few tomatoes and peppers.  It did not matter the style or appearance.  I just needed some one gallon and some two gallon pots.  Cheap pots are not something that stores around here carry.  Mark and I started searching and most places wanted at least $5 a pot!  Nope.  That was not happening!  I would go broke buying flower pots to get enough tomatoes to make sauce!  So...the search was on to find some affordable, one time use flower pots.

  It was early afternoon when an idea struck me!  Why buy flower pots???  If I just wanted something to contain my tomato plants, did it matter if it was a bucket?  I checked bucket prices.  Well, that was some better.  You could buy a bucket for a mere $3.50.   Still at that price, I would be sinking more money than I wanted.  More searching was in order.  Trash cans!  Yeah!....No...$4.63.  Then another brilliant idea!  Ok...a plug here for a business but I have to give a big shout out to Dollar Tree!


  Mark and I headed to the local Dollar Tree and racked up on pots!  One gallon, two gallon and three gallon wonderful pots...uhhh...storage containers were filling the shelves and then our basket!  Mark is one of those shoppers that clears a shelf when he finds what he needs.  I came home with 59 lovely planters for $1 a piece! All that is needed is to drill some small drainage holes and I will be in business planting!  With this many pots, I have enough to, not only grow tomatoes and peppers but lots of flowers!  The assorted colors will add a bit of brightness to even the darkest corners of the garden.  Yep!  Mark came to my rescue and Dollar Tree had just what I needed!  Win!!


No comments:

Post a Comment