Sunday, April 7, 2019

The Path Will Have To Wait..

  Even though my daily hikes have been severely curtailed due to the old dog's health, the path still calls.  He just does not have the stamina to walk much further than what is necessary each day.  Rather than cause him anxiety by leaving him behind, I am merely foregoing any extended absences.  The lack of hiking and long stressful nights of assisting him are taking their toll on me, however.   My appetite has not waned only the exercise!  That said, I figure it is time to find a new way to concentrate on my health!  So I am searching.



  I will say that I sorely miss the interesting sights, sounds and smells of the woods, creek bed and Bayou.  This morning while the old dog, Mr. PJ, did his morning business, I sneaked a peek at my one of my favorite spots along the path.  Down behind the greenhouse, the path winds around the palmettos, through the wild persimmon trees and under the large live oak trees.  The sight, although beautiful with the spring foliage, left me wistful.  Oh, how I longed to meander down that path to see how things have changed over the past few months.  I yearned to peek into the birds' nests, drop to my knees to examine the wildflowers and breathe the aroma of the blooming sweetspire.

  Just as I was tempted to venture forth, a gentle nudge brought me to my senses.  Looking down, I stared right into the doleful eyes of my sweet buddy.  Not today, adventure!  Duty calls.  Today, this sweet fellow needs me and I will be by his side.  Good ol' Mr. PJ.  

No comments:

Post a Comment