Friday, November 30, 2012

Bringing a smile...

To a lot of folks, the holidays can be a bit stressful.  To other folks, the season often can be a bit depressing.  Then there are others that merely thrive on all of the hustle and bustle of the season.  Today, I was beginning to feel a bit pressed for time.  I have not even begun my Christmas shopping.  As much as I love this time of year, I am behind schedule...why, I have not even finished decorating the Little Bayou House!  Egads!  What is to become of me?  Time and stress was starting to weigh heavy on my mind.  This would simply never do! My Christmas Spirit needed a boost!  I needed to be revived!  I needed to be kicked in gear!  I needed...ok...



This morning, I really did not want to leave my cozy, warm blanket.  It was all I could do to rise and shine or even just rise.  I knew I had to get going, though, as I had a thousand and one things to do.  I brewed the coffee a mite stronger and gulped down the first mugful.  I was going to need a good bit of this today so I poured a second mug and headed into the living room.  First things first..you know, that always seemed to be the logical order of doing things so I have no clue why that saying even seemed to ever be necessary..until today.  First things first, I turned on my old laptop which has now been relegated as a stereo/CD player!  Son has rigged the thing up to speakers so now I can have beautiful music without a huge, monstrosity of a system!   Anyway, once the cheery Christmas music started playing, things got much better!  There is nothing like a jaunty, happy tune of "Jingle Bells" to wake you up in the morning!  Actually, one of my most favorite albums was playing!  For any of you who have never heard this girl sing, I must tell you that you are missing out on the best voice ever!  Eva Black's self-titled Christmas album is one of those extraordinarily beautiful things that only comes around once in a very great while.  Now, I might be a bit biased here as I must admit that Eva is my niece.  She is a very talented young lady that gives her all in any project that she attempts.  Not only can she sing like an angel, she is a very talented artist that paints unique furniture pieces and is the most amazing photographer!  When the Good Lord was handing out talents, I think Eva was blessed with about a thousand times the normal share!  But back to her Christmas CD.  Her rendition of "Where are you Christmas" is one of those songs that stays with you for the rest of the day!  And..WOW!..."Breath of Heaven" is truly amazing!  Needless to say, by the time the laptop/stereo flipped to a different album, I was rearing to go!  I was so in the Christmas Spirit that I, too, was hustling and bustling!  Things were actually "beginning to look a lot like Christmas" in the Little Bayou House!  Thank you, Eva!

 Do yourself a favor..ask your favorite radio station to play just one of her songs..or better yet, find one of her albums!  You will not be sorry!  The album is "Eva..A Christmas Peace".

No comments:

Post a Comment