Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Never a dull moment!

Back in the day, the kids used to watch cartoons with Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd.  Old Elmer was always hunting his "wabbit" and oft times, Bugs would do something so inane that Elmer would cry out "cwazy wabbit"  This part would invariably send the kids into a fit of hysterics.  They would giggle relentlessly and then start calling each other "cwazy wabbits".  I was amused by their antics and let them play.  Then, cartoons changed and the fun, happy, innocent ones were shoved to the wayside and Saturday mornings took on a darker, more devious side.  The undertones of adult themes left something to be desired so I tried to steer the kids to different activities.  The Saturday morning routine was slowly but surely changed.  Still, that "cwazy wabbit" phrase stuck around for a while.



Michael and I were out picking Satsumas and kumquats, when all of a sudden he quietly muttered "cwazy wabbit".  Being as I was the only person within earshot, I thought that I had done something relatively idiotic and he was referring to me.  I spun around to question him only to see him pointing downward.  Huh?  What had I done now?  I stepped closer and could hear him snickering.  "Cwazy wabbit!"  Ok, so now I figured I must have spilled my basket of kumquats or something to make him giggle like that!  It was not like him to giggle over nothing!  Several years ago, the winter freeze broke one of my birdbaths clean in two.  The concrete parts were still laying in the garden area as I was determined to find a use for the parts.  The bowl part of the bath was still intact and I figured I could use it for something!  This bowl part was upside-down on the ground and that was where Michael was pointing.  Hmmm?  I peered at the chunk of concrete.  Right in the center was a small indentation where a bolt held the bowl to the pedestal.  In that indentation was...yep..rabbit poop!  What?  How?  Michael, by now, was thoroughly amused by the fact that there was no other poop in the area.  The bunny had obviously gotten up on the concrete and pooped directly in that little hole.  This had to be no easy feat as the thing is probably only one inch in diameter and the concrete was sloped downward!  Still..there it was.  The hole was filled with the pellet-like poop and none had toppled off onto the surrounding ground.  I have to agree with Michael's exclamation..."cwazy wabbit"!  What possessed the rabbit to poop in this certain spot?  How did it aim so precisely?  And did the rabbit intentionally do this just so Michael and I could take a "giggle-break" from picking the citrus fruit?  No one will ever know...unless the bunny tells!

No comments:

Post a Comment