Monday, February 4, 2013

Saturday's weather..Showers

Quiet is a good thing...right?  The Little Bayou House was hustling and bustling this weekend with all of my kids here!  They all came in on Friday night, Saturday night we had a baby shower for my beautiful daughter-in-law, Joanna and then, on Sunday..they left.  Quiet is a good thing...right?  Maybe not.  I miss my kids!









With all of this quiet time, I started "undecorating" the house.  All of the baby shower things needed to be packed away.  Yep..packed away..not tossed since the decorations were mostly antique things that I had around the house.  My niece, Eva, came up with the idea of using the old things which made me extremely happy!  I have a lot of "old things".  I told her to poke around in all of the trunks, chests and closets to see if she could find anything to use.  She found lots!  I am finding out just how many things she did find!  At least with the way she decorated, I can leave a lot of the stuff up.  I am just stowing away the antique linens and baby clothes.  The rest can stay just as she placed it.  It looks that nice!









Yep, the Little Bayou House was busy this weekend..almost bursting at the seams..but now, quiet..too quiet.  Then the rains started..soft and soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment