Saturday, September 26, 2015

Take a Moment

  There is just something peaceful about reflections on the water. Sometimes, to my way of thinking, the reflection can be even more beautiful than the actual object.  Even if a slight ripple distorts the scene, the colors remain and the picture returns when the waters still. Breathtaking.

  Today, I was in the greenhouse when I spied a reflection down in the Bayou.  Of course, I had to investigate.  I eased my way down to the water's edge to get the full picture and when I saw it, I was astounded. The image on the still backwaters of the Bayou was nigh on perfect. Across the way was a large oak tree with its limbs stretching high.  The sky was brilliant blue and the position of the sun cast a dark shadow over the marsh grass.  Wow!  I stood and stared for a few minutes...just enjoying the view.


  My magical moment was brought to a halt by the realization that I needed to get myself back to work.  I have a ton of stuff to get ready for the first running of the clue hunt this next week.  Several unforeseen obstacles have put me a bit behind schedule.  Thank goodness for my kids and their helping hands!


No comments:

Post a Comment