Thursday, October 22, 2015

It is just not the same

  Mark and I headed to the pier this morning right at daybreak.  It felt strange not to have the old Bayou Dog tagging along beside us.  We stood looking out at the sunrise.  We did not speak.  There were no words to be said that could make this any different.  She needed to be there.  We stayed but a few moments then turned and slowly walked back to the Little Bayou House.  Although it was a gorgeous sunrise, the thrill was just not there.




  With another clue hunt scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, things needed to be set in order.  I busied myself with redecorating some areas and re-situating clues.  This helped the day pass much quicker but, for the life of me, I kept imagining that Ms. Ez was right there beside me. Several times, I actually found myself waiting for that gentle nudge that she would give me when she wanted attention.  It then occurred to me that she would always be there.  I needn't fret.  She may not be there in her physical self, but my memories would always seek out that camaraderie that we shared.  A smile spread across my face.  Well, Ms. Ez!  You have etched yourself in my brain and there is no denying that.



  The rest of the day went smoothly.  I hummed a little tune.  I occasionally looked for the dog.  Yes, I even talked to her.  But, I did not feel bad about doing so.  She was with me for ten years.  It is not easy to forget a friendship like that and I certainly should not be expected to "get over her" in a couple of days.  Nope....ain't happening! So....Ms. Ez!  This sunrise is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment