Friday, October 30, 2015

Its the Little Things

  Every now and again, I am awestruck by such a simple thing as the view from the pier.  While most every time I am on the pier, the view is spectacular, sometimes it is simply breathtaking.  A few days ago, Son and I headed to the pier to check the small skiff.  It had rained all night and we needed to make sure the pump was still working. While there, the sun popped through the clouds just long enough to bring a bit of a smile to my face.  This, my friends, was a harbinger of good things.  I am one that truly believes when we find something that brings a bit of joy, it can only increase during the day.  


  My day proceeded and with no ill happenings occurring during the entire day.  My sister-in-law came to spend the day and we caught up on everything between then and her last visit.  A tasty cup of herbal tea, good conversation and best friends can never make for a blah day.  Of course, nothing was accomplished other than a bit of serenity.  

  Look for your own bit of joy early in the morning.  Feel it throughout your body and soul.  Breathe it deep within you.  Then, when this joy consumes you, share it.  Let it multiply during the day and bestow it on those around you.  It will come back to you and bloom, filling your day with complete happiness.  Try it!  It does, indeed, work!


No comments:

Post a Comment