Sunday, October 4, 2015

One Sick Pup!

  Ms. Ez is all dog.  She may think she is human by the way she has always been treated but she is definitely all dog.  As with all dogs, she has a few disgusting habits with one being the nauseating delight of drinking putrid water.  If she finds a puddle, bucket, pond or drain that has foul-smelling liquid, she will definitely take a sip or lap it up until nothing is left.  I reprimand her to no end but it goes in one ear and out the other.  Invariably, with her drinking the nastiness, she falls ill....every time.  Does she learn from the experience?  NOOOO!  Let one stagnant puddle come within her range and she drinks.  She has even gone so far as to sneak behind my back to imbibe in the slop.  Then she...and I pay.

  About four days ago, my brother stopped by the Little Bayou House bright and early in the morning.  While we were talking, Ms. Ez quietly slipped out of sight. Five minutes later, I heard a familiar lapping sound. STOP!  I knew her outside water bowl was empty and she had to have found something nasty!  I was right.  


  Now, she is ill and I am doctoring a dog.  Her tummy is incessantly gurgling and she feels miserable. She refuses to leave my side so most of my day has been spent with a dog sleeping on my foot.  The vet's office will not be open until tomorrow morning so, in the meantime, I do whatever I can to calm the innards of an ailing dog.  Thank goodness for herbs and berries.  What we don't do for our furry friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment