Saturday, October 3, 2015

The Fun Begins!

  The third Annual Clue Hunt on the Bayou has started!  Our first run was last evening and I must say it was a success.  Things went off without a hitch and all seemed to have a great time.  The laughter and chatter were sure signs that the team members were having a good time.  

  One of the favorite places in the hunt seemed to be my greenhouse. Since the theme of this year's hunt is "Bayou Legends", this small outbuilding was transformed from greenhouse to "Hattie's Shack".  Son did an amazing job on building a "wharf and bayou" for the team members' enjoyment and puzzling.  Several of his ingenious clue-hiding spots were included in this area.  


  Inside, I removed all of my usual greenhouse stuff and did a major redo of the place.  I imagined myself as Hattie and how she might have lived.  Becoming a character in my hunts gives me a good insight on how to decorate.  I figured Hattie was a simple woman who gathered what she needed from the Bayou so I included items that had washed in with the tide.  This was easy since hurricanes tend to deposit some pretty unique items in my yard.  It is strange how I save these things and then can find the perfect use for them in the hunts.


  I will post more pictures as we progress with the hunts.  (I can't give away any secrets!)  


No comments:

Post a Comment