Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Just Bouncing Along!

  The playroom for the grandlittles is just about complete except for the fact that I keep finding things to put in it.  Since I am in the mood to unclutter a bit, I have tackled the craft room.  That is the room that seems to collect anything that doesn't belong anywhere else in the house....or shed...or greenhouse...or storeroom.  Don't ask...it is just that terrible but I am making some bit of headway against the mountain of stuff.  I am determined so the chore is going nonstop.  Things ARE finding homes in other areas such as the garbage bin!

  Several long-lost or forgotten items were found with glee, though. Patterns!  These are mainly crocheted pieces that I saved to duplicate at some point.  Since things such as gardening, canning the produce and the all-important clue hunt kept me quite busy, the patterns were shoved to the far corner of the craft room.  Finding them has made me anxious to start my needlework once again.  So the cleaning must be knocked out in the next few days or I will probably get sidetracked again.  

  One of the crocheted pieces that I saved as a pattern wound up in the playroom.  Years ago, I was rather ambitious and made a lot of our Christmas gifts.  My oldest son (the dad of my grandlittles!) was nothing but a tyke of three years of age when I crocheted him a kangaroo and joey.  He loved it!  Don't ask why I decided on a kangaroo because I cannot give you an answer.  I just did.  And to beat all....it is gold.   Yep, times were tough back then and I used whatever I had on hand to entertain my little fellow.  He did not complain about having a golden kangaroo and I suppose that I did no lasting harm to his perspective of roos in general.  I will have to ask if he still thinks they are gold.  That would be terrible! 



  Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the little joey was still clinging inside his mommy's pouch.  Now any future crocheted kangaroos can be complete in being in the family way.  No roo is ever complete without a joey!  The grandlittles might find this piece a bit disgusting since it makes no noise, has no bright lights and does not dance around the room.  Toys, these days, seem to be required to be irritating to parents before they are marketed for children.  Gone are the days of imaginative play, the days of homemade toys and the days of peace and quiet!  The grandlittles might be bored crazy here at the Little Bayou House.  We have no TV, no near neighborhood children and no bells and whistles.  We do have tons of playthings that require imaginations!  On second thought, Mama Kangaroo had better learn to dance.



No comments:

Post a Comment