Thursday, January 28, 2016

One and the Same...Yet, Entirely Different

  I take a lot of photographs.  In fact, I have been told that I take far too many photographs.  I think not.  Each picture is something personal even if it is of the Bayou Cats, a bug or even merely a photograph of the horizon.  Each means something to me.  I especially like to peruse each picture with "a fine-toothed comb".  While doing this, I sometimes find things that "accidentally" become part of the picture.  In the past, eagles have made their way in pictures of sunsets, snakes in photos of waterlilies and raccoons in photographs of persimmons.  Sometimes the unintentional picture is better than what I thought I was taking.  Then there are the photographs that are just thought provoking.  Ones where you can get lost in the depth of the surroundings.  


  A recent photograph of the sun setting in the west was one of the more thought provoking ones that I have come across in a long time.  The almost spiritual depth of the scene sent me in to deep contemplation. With the layers upon layers of clouds in front of the fast sinking sun, the few pine trees seem almost desolate.  How many millions of miles can be viewed in that one picture?  How many layers of clouds float between that last bit of blue and the viewer?  How amazing is the Creator to have granted me the vision?  Ponderings upon ponderings flitted through my brain.


  The sunset in question also allowed me to take another almost eerie photo.  In this one ethereal rays reflect off of the camera lens fabricating fantastical "beings" that dance on the water.  Orbs float mystically off to one side while irises glisten among the upper clouds.  This is the type photograph that bounces the imagination into gear and lets me form wild tales in my head. Otherworldly images can be seen in the mind's eye with the least bit of effort and the sudden dots of color amidst the dark shadows call the  mind into the inkiness of the night.
  
 One sunset, two photographs....yet a million ideas.  This is how my brain works.  Do I take too many photographs?  No...it keeps my brain jolting at a mile a minute.  I need that.  Sometimes, we all need that.



No comments:

Post a Comment